Friday, March 26, 2010

fight the break of dawn

In the early morning I'll be headed away from campus to JORDAN! Woot!! I'm looking forward to the sightseeing and sun bathing! There are about 20 of us going, almost all international students. We are road-tripping the whole way there. In a big bus this time (high five!) Everything is crammed into 6 days. Cairo to Dahab to Nuweiba to Aqaba to Wadi Rum to Petra to Amman to the Dead Sea to Jerash then back to Aqaba to Nuweiba to Cairo. March 27th- April 2nd!!! I'm worried it will be too much in a small amount of time, but that means ultimate fun!!

Did you notice I'm coming back April 2nd? Yup, Good Friday. Yup, day before my birthday. I'm really excited! For my birthday I'll probably go out to dinner (or just dessert) with whoever I can find that is still on campus. I'm turning 21. Weird, but true. I know of a good restaurant with good dessert within walking distance from campus. It will be lovely. Since I've been here I've become obsessed with food. I'm constantly thinking about what I'll eat next or what I can have for my next meal. I have little routines (such as Subway every thursday... 6 inches for lunch and 6 inches for dinner) and I am homesick for food at home. I want so many things!! I also gave up ice cream, pizza, and soda for lent. Crazy, I know. So I am homesick for A LOT. Basically, if you want to do something for my birthday, just go get some ice cream!

I know you can't really send me anything, so I have come up with some requests. I'd like Kirsten to treat herself to In-N-Out. I'd like Katie and Samantha to take each other out for dinner (I don't care where, Lazy Dog maybe?). I'd like Momma and Papa to go see the movie "Oceans" which comes out some time in April (Earth Day). Maybe Grandma and Grandpa (Derek too?) could play a game in my honor (nertz? wii?). I'd like Kim to find a really really good pizza place in Chicago, and if that's too big of a request, homemade pizza is fine too :)
And can someone please go to Chipotle!? Thanks. I'm eating vicariously through you.


I hope you are well. Love you a lot!! See you when I get back! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment