Tuesday, May 25, 2010

tell me how anybody thinks under this condition

This is the penultimate blog. Freaky deaky dude.

I'm taking some time as a break between studying. I'm close to the point where I can't study anymore, none of it. I mean, I'm in Cairo and these are my last days and moments!! I should be enjoying it, but I have to study ya know? It's my job. I have my history exam (ahhhh!!) and my psychology exam (whew.) left this week. They're coming up fast. Immediately after exams I have packing and goodbyes. I don't think I'm quite ready for all that. Oy.


Last weekend was fun. A small group of us drove to Alexandria. We have some friends who have cars so that was easy. On the way there we went to this sweet place called Africa Park. It's basically a drive through Zoo that some would call a safari. Seeing caged animals is rarely fun for me. I had a lot of fun but the sadness was still there. Poor animals. None were in their natural habitat and most were severely malnourished, but that's Egypt for you. We would drive to a cage and get out of the car, take pictures with the animal, get back in the car, and drive to the next animal. Totally new concept to me. Some animals were roaming, but even that was not quite right. Deer and ostrich at the same time, sharing the same treats. The best part was probably this cage where your vehicle goes in too. They release all these baboons and throw treats/food all over the car and so the animals climb onto the cars! It was crazy. Hilarious too. We had a baboon on our car for a long time. It would look into the car and stare each one of us down. Surreal. I got to hold a baby lion. It was soft and cute, just like a teddy bear but a bit heavier. There was a kangaroo, a bear, some hippos, and chimpanzees. My friends held the chimp too, but I didn't feel like it. This park was in the middle of nowhere. It's like a place you see billboards for while you're on a road trip and think "am I bored enough that I want to go there?" But we had planned on going. It was on the way to Alexandria. It was definitely worth it!

Our trip to Alexandria was short and uneventful. We had all been there before and seen all the attractions. It's nice for visiting too. You get to see the Mediterranean, and eat really good seafood. The air is nicer there than in Cairo. We walked along the sea and went to a cafe afterwards. It's a bit of a drive for a short trip but I like that Alexandria was my first trip and my last. Just keeping it consistent.

Now back to some studying. I find it difficult to focus still. Just in disbelief that I am seriously leaving this place. I hear planes every one in a while. Ahhh!! See you soon lovers. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment