Friday, January 29, 2010

Nile cruise dinner

It's a beautiful thing to be cruising down the Nile. Even if there are so many things you don't like about it. You still must call it an adventure. And if you get there by vehicle in Egypt, it most definitely is an adventure. I rode in a coach bus this time. Big and bulky. It amazes me how that huge bus can make those small turns, seriously. Or how other cars will just stop in the road to the let the huge bus make its wide turn. We went to the wrong place for our Nile cruise actually. Then we fixed it. Waited for at least half an hour for them to clean up the ship before loading us on. The night consisted of meeting some new people, eating bad food with hard bread, attempting polite conversation. I'm getting tired of small talk, that's for sure! Then dancers. OOo la la. No. Not really. She was pretty. But everyone on this ship just wants to make money! The belly dancer would do her thing on the dance floor with this unappreciated band of drummers (sitting directly behind me. it was LOUD!) then walk up to people and a photographer would take their picture with her. Then sell it to you. I avoided it at all costs. Some were suckered in though. I'm not sure how "authentic" the dancing was. Still, it was entertaining.
this man was a professional spinner. He kept spinning for his whole show, pretty cool. This style was actually repeated the following night. But still enjoyable. I would get dizzy. Actually, everyone I know would get dizzy.

Plenty of dancing and entertainment but I would have to say it was too loud. Especially since I was seated so close to the drumming and music. More dancers came, some with sticks! It was fascinating! But I'll never do it again. Haha. The trips I've been going on are very poorly organized. There's hardly a description of it. You just sign up and throw money at them. If I had known the so-called "dinner" wouldn't be until 10:30pm, I would have eaten first. If I known water wasn't part of the meal, I probably wouldn't have gone! Nahh. At least I can say I've experienced it. On to the next trip!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great information u done a very good job kindly share some information about dubai dhow cruise what is the way of enjoyment in dhow cruise dubai

    ReplyDelete